Wednesday, November 19, 2008

tense relationships

it is 2008, picture a middle aged man coming home to an empty house, collared shirt and pants still on, staring into the fridge, face illuminated. staring into the fridge the same way your father is staring into the computer screen day in day out. the same way mother stares off into the black window into the black night as she washed dishes. This is  everyday life ,un-enthused, often lonely, and most of all tired. Everyone is so tired. I here it in my fathers voice when I call the business line,  in the recording message, forced English words from a foreign tongue, all for the business, all for the money. none of it means anything. We all do things that we don't want to do. Isnt it funny how people train themselves to refrain from reacting, learn to just accept the discontent, "im not happy, but who is?" Maybe this is just what happens as you get older. 

1 comment:

docrock said...

Well I understand completely, But then I say to my self either society turns me into Garbage diver, or a Conforming pinion i Rather be a Pinon.